One of my new blog land buddies, Stacie has graciously presented me with this Honest Scrap award. I just started following Stacie's blog after we met at the Nester's swap meet a few weeks ago. She is a really sweet lady and we had a blast spending time together.
In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1. Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2. Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4. Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
10 Random/Honest Things about Me:
1. I am the oldest, youngest, middle and only child of 5 kids. (That's a post for another day!)
2. I dropped out of college get married and have a child when I was 19 years old. I finished my degree after my 2nd child was born in 2002. I use my teaching degree to teach my own children at home.
3. I love soup! I love making soups from scratch and in large batches. I can eat soup even on the hottest, stickiest North Carolina day. My husband looks as though he might pass out when I order soup in the summer.
4. I love to bake and cook. Every year starting in September, I start making Amish Friendship Bread. I keep 2 batches of starter going 5 days apart from each other and I bake, wrap and freeze the breads as gifts for Christmas. Last year, I baked my last batch on December 23rd and had over 80 loaves of bread to give out.
5. I could spend hours at the mall or any store for that matter and never spend a dime . . . especially if they sell furniture, fabric, home decor items, flooring, paint or shoes. I LOVE SHOES!!!
6. The first time I met my husband, I was a little afraid of the dorky guy in the Tazmanian Devil t-shirt and duck slippers. My fears were validated when he introduced himself to me as "Tater". I didn't find out his real name until we started dating a year and a half later and I met his sister and she called him "Mike". He is still just as strange as ever.
7. I am quote sure that I probably require medication for OCD. I have this thing where the inside of everything has to be exactly right and it looks like an advertisement for California Closets or something like that. The funny thing is that I have 3 boys (ages 12, 8 and 4) and a husband which means no one cares about what anything looks like and they are all slobs. I am slowly converting my 12 year old.
8. I have a photographic memory and I live in a house with 4 other people who are also blessed with this gift. I have found that it makes for really long drawn out explanations of everything because they feel like they have to describe everything from every angle using every sense. It also causes arguments like, "No it wasn't a white shirt, it was off-white."
9. I hate the feeling of newspaper. I cannot touch it with my bare hands. It makes my teeth hurt. Even typing this and thinking about newspaper is making my teeth hurt. When we moved and I had to pack up breakables, I wrapped everything in rags and clothing. I can read a newspaper if I don't have to touch it or if I am wearing gloves but even the smell of it makes me nauseous. I am going to stop talking about it before you send someone to my house to take me away to the psychiatric hospital.
10. I love fast, high, spinning rides. There is not a ride on earth that I will not try.
I tag... Rona, Amy, Terri, Nester, Jen, Emily, and Tracey because as different as they all are, they have all brought creative ideas, insight, encouragement, a great recipe, new friendships, spiritual advice, or laughs to me through their blogs. Thanks for being real, girls!