Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Caleb Got Braces!!!

This morning we had an 8 AM appointment at the orthodontist's office. Caleb had braces put on his teeth this morning. This month is a constant reminder that I am no longer as young as I would like to believe that I am. My baby will turn 5 on the 10th and start Kindergarten in August. Caleb got braces today and will enter his teenage years on the 23rd. Where did the time go?

Here is our before picture.



And here is the finished product.



Before I know it, he will be driving and wanting a cell phone and going out with friends without a parent. OK . . . I need to go find a paper bag and some chocolate to console myself.

4 comments:

Scarlet.Skye said...

And he is smiling!?!? LOL...

What a trooper!... I hear they are very painful...

Hoping I won't have to do that with any of mine, but I am thinking I probably will have to with at least one of them...

kristi_temple said...

He was a very brave. They were a little painful the first 3 days but once his teeth shifted, he was fine. Every 6 weeks, he will get them tightened and they will hurt for a couple of days. I keep telling him 30 months isn't forever.

Tanya said...

Kristi-
I don't have your email so the only way I figured to get in touch with you was thru your comment section(-;
I do have kefir grains and would be happy to get you some. Just email me at tanyakoenig@hotmail.com and we can coordinate a time.
Blessings!

Ed Hochhalter said...

Yeah, braces can get pretty uncomfortable, but it's not so bad. Look at his smile; the discomfort takes some getting used to, but it's doable as long as the teeth and braces are taken off. Haha, well, becoming a teenager is a lot more complicated than braces, right?